Job Title: Business Development Center Representative
Department: Business Development Center
Reports to: Internet Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Description: Communicates with customers through email and phone calls in order to schedule appointments for customers to visit the store by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer requests from the Internet lead system and gathers information from the customer about the make, type, and quality of vehicle desired; trade in details; customer’s goals
- “Mines” the existing customer database for new and/or additional customer interest in additional vehicle purchases, contacting such customers by email, phone, and text messages
- Researches and develops lists of potential clients.
- Identifies and qualifies business opportunities
- Follows up on sales leads and makes cold calls to potential clients.
- Schedules appointment with customer to visit the dealership to meet with a salesperson who will then conduct the steps of the sale.
- Consults regularly with the Internet Director.
- Follows an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Follows a prospect development system and sends follow up emails and makes follow up calls to those potential customers.
- Follows established prospecting steps and procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, processes, etc.
- Attends sales meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Meets, or exceeds, written forecast and projection numbers.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, potential and current clients,. Ability to read, analyze and interpret written and verbal instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including writing grammatically correct emails and text messages. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work 5 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
The employee must have excellent keyboarding skills. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date